Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Who whatting how with huh?

You know what I think is one of the weirdest things about social media?  Like, weirder than people listing items of food or drink that they are about to consume, and weirder than people going to elaborate lengths to make their relationships "look" "happy"?  Women who try to outdo themselves when commenting on pictures of other women.

If you have any social media account that allows for pictures to be posted and commented upon, you know what I'm talking about.

1.  Girl posts [overly flattering] photo.

2.  Friend One indicates approval by liking or favoriting.

3.  Friend Two comments, "Nice picture!"

4.  Friend Three comments, "So pretty."

5.  Friend Four comments, "Beautiful."

6.  Friend Five takes it up a notch:  "You are the perfect person."

7.  Friend Six makes things weird: "You are a goddess on earth."

8.  Friend Seven:  "I am obsessed with you, to the point where I think about no one else."

9.  Friend Eight:  "I would have a sex change tomorrow if it meant you might date me."

10.  Friend Nine:  "I HATE MYSELF JUST LOOKING AT YOU BECAUSE I AM NOTHING IN COMPARISON. FUCK YOU."

11.  And Friend Ten, who is that person who never reads previous comments: "Did you cut your hair?"

Lather, rinse, repeat.

What is this?  I mean, aside from an empowerment/hear-me-roar exercise gone seriously uncomfortable?

Ladies, let's all just calm the eff down.  We are all beautiful, wonderful people in our own way (well, most of us), and we can express that to each other without getting creepy about it.

After all, that's what dudes' comments are for.

4 comments:

  1. that actually made me laugh ...lol
    such a true account on what happens on pictures posting.

    sorry for being mia again, not even sure you would still remember me ...
    best wishes and here is hoping life treats you well
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I made you laugh! :D I just wrote you on a different social network! Sorry I've not been posting as much lately (or been on Facebook like, er, at all). I think I've been more MIA than you. :) All is well here, and I hope the same is true for you!!

      Delete
    2. argh ... I answered you last night already, but the blog decided to get the munchies on my comment and I admit I was too tired to write it all again.

      I got back at you over there, too ;)

      Not going to start a competition on the MIA-thing. I am happy you are still here - and you haven't forgotten me. Though of course that'd be one hell of a task anyway ;-P

      Well as can be over here.

      hugs
      Annie

      Delete
    3. Glad to hear it! And sorry about the blog comment...I don't know why it does that!! :( It does it to me, too. If I could fix it, I would. :-/

      Delete