Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The "I Was a Gay Cowboy Before It Was Cool" Shirt (A History)

Have you seen this picture?  Congratulations!  You have been on the internet sometime in the past five years:
Original size.  Stop blowing it up so damn much, Internet!
 If you are looking to buy one of these shirts, please click HERE or on the image below:
Hi, I'm Gay Cowboy Shirt Jake!  I was going to be a Twitter background,
but then I became the new header for the Jake Watch store!
If you are looking for an explanation of the shirt, please read the following:
Graphic originally posted on Tumblr in 2011.  Unlike the picture it describes, it (tragically) did not go viral.

(Original Jake Watch post.)

(And if you are a regular reader of this blog, feel free to ignore this post, which is a shameless attempt to take control of my Google results after [yet another!] round of viral sharing.  As I have said countless times before, had I any idea that five years after the fact, thousands of complete strangers were going to be spending their time crucifying my Photoshopping abilities on the internet, I perhaps would have spent more time on this one picture.  But in any case, to the millions upon millions of people who have done nothing more than look upon this and smile, thank you for smiling. :)  And thank you even more if your smile led you to buy a shirt.)

(Oh, and if you're Jake, YOU'RE WELCOME.  Because about half of the people on Earth who think you're awesome think so because of this picture.  I'm good like that.)

5 comments:

  1. yep, he would be nowhere without you ;) credits to those who deserve them

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the book? Check!
    Got the shirt? Check!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you, Malin and Sasha!! *group hug* :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article. I like
    to write a little comment to support you.

    Also visit my site :: https://host20.ssl-gesichert.at/vogelfreunde_net/wikimedia/index.php?title=Benutzer:AndresLar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. lgbt,

    ReplyDelete