Tuesday, April 19, 2016

It's Vegas, bitch.

Las Vegas, the city where money goes to die, is currently home to my brother, John. I was long overdue to visit him, so this past weekend, I did.

We did it up right: the strip, old Las Vegas, meals that cost more than a car payment, the Beatles LOVE Cirque du Soleil show, and, of course, a Britney concert. I even gambled some (by "some," I mean $1, which I put in an old-school quarter slot machine; I walked away with $3, and that's about as crazy as I get with money), and John gave me a brief respite from the mania of the city by driving me out to Red Rock Canyon. He and his girlfriend were great hosts, and it was a really, really fun time.


John called it "the most Vegas weekend he's had since he's lived there," and a weekend that Vegas is probably a once in a lifetime thing (oh my God, my hangover the day after Britney...). But I'm so glad we lived it up the way we did. I've been working a lot lately - at work, at home, on myself - and it was good for me to have a break from that. It was good to leave the real world behind for a little while...

...and few things are farther removed from reality than Las Vegas. :)

(Next time I go, forget the strip, it's all about the Grand Canyon!)

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun : ) I'm glad you got a break and enjoyed yourself!

    - Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you did that!! Britney? Really?

    You have a vibrancy in that picture. Are there any news you are not telling here? huh???

    best
    Annie, the one and only hardly to remember one lol ... boy it is so long ago... still rollercoasting along over here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I heart Britney. That's girl's been through some shit, and I support the hell out of her. :D :D

      And ha! No, definitely no news of any variety...I've actually been pretty down and feeling alone recently...but I did have a really good time on this trip, and I'm glad that was reflected in that photo. :) (What also might be reflected in that photo is the amount of beer my brother and I had drunk already at that point in the day. ;))

      Good to hear from you, and glad you're moving along!! :)

      Delete