Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Short and Sweet

When I read that Justin Timberlake once locked himself in his room and listened to “Bohemian Rhapsody” for forty-eight hours straight, it made me feel better about my own compulsive musical tendencies.  Like the way I’ve spent the past three weeks listening to nothing but Maroon 5’s Hands All Over album from 2010.  Why?  Why now?  I have no idea.  I just can’t seem to get sick of it.

Aside from bingeing on Adam Levine’s voice, also on my agenda is a trip to Austin on Thursday to visit some friends from college, and a Paul McCartney concert back here in Memphis on Sunday evening.  It might be a little while, then, before the next substantial blog entry…

Until then!  (Until then, I'm sure the commenters on the previous post will keep you entertained.  I can't follow what they're talking about half the time, but I remain fascinated.)


4 comments:

  1. Have fun :)

    Annie Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent the last two weeks constantly listening to Prince's Purple Rain. I even re-watched the movie (which I saw in the theatre, btw!) and was astounded to see how . . . juvenile . . it really is/was. I can remember hanging on every word of that movie and being so moved. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You totally get where I'm coming from then!! I don't know why I get so stuck on things... I've never seen Purple Rain, but I have had plenty of experience watching things later in life that I used to be enthralled by. I guess these are the times when it helps to have a healthy sense of humor about yourself. :D

      Delete